Please have exact fare ready
Shoal Bus drivers cannot change large notes, so please be sure to have the fare ready in coin or small notes where possible. This will help to reduce boarding delays, and help get you to your destination quickly. Fare scales are displayed at the front of the bus.
Tickets are issued for all fares paid. Please retain tickets until the end of your journey. An inspector may board a bus at any time to check tickets. When boarding the bus, always advise the driver of your final destination. Although you may be required to change buses at an Interchange to complete the journey, through ticketing is offered to all passengers. This means that you do not have to pay the “flag fall” component of the fare on the second bus boarded, just so long as you get on the next available service from the interchange, and you have retained your original ticket.
Children under the age of 5 travel free when accompanied by an adult. Children aged 15 years and over, and attending High School or Secondary College are eligible for concession fare for outside school hours upon presentation to the driver of an appropriate photo ID issued by the school or college. If a valid ID is not available, children aged 15 years and over are required to pay the standard adult fare unless travelling to and from school in school hours. Where age may be in doubt, proof of age is the responsibility of the child, or an adult fare will be charged.
Concession fare authority cards must always be shown to the driver, or a full fare may be charged. Shoal Bus accepts a variety of transport concession authority cards issued by NSW State Government agencies and the Commonwealth Government through Centrelink. Sorry, we are unable to accept Health Care Cards as a transport concession, nor can we accept cards issued for exclusive travel on State transit buses and ferries in Sydney and Newcastle.
Please visit https://transportnsw.info/tickets-opal/ticket-eligibility-concessions for available concessions.
Regional Excursion Daily (RED) Ticket
Pension Concession Card holders have the option to purchase a RED ticket, which is available for use on all Shoalhaven Bus Services. The RED ticket is a $2.50 all-day multi-ride ticket for use on all Shoalhaven Bus Services for people who hold a valid:
- Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- NSW and interstate Seniors Card
- NSW War Widow/ers Card
- Until midnight on day of purchase only
- Restricted to the initial purchaser who must show their concession card along with their valid RED ticket at the start of each trip to verify their entitlement to travel on subsequent services that day
- After initial purchase, the ticket can be used for unlimited trips on valid services that day without the payment of another cash fare.
Point of Purchase
- From the bus driver upon boarding the bus
- On presentation of a valid Concession/Pensioner/War Widower card
Don't miss the bus
We suggest you arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to the published time to allow you to have your correct fare and concession cards ready.
Shoal bus use bus stops where identified, but we recognise this is not always suitable, and bus services can be hailed. Please ensure when ‘hailing’ the bus, you clearly signal the driver in a location that is safe for the bus to stop.
Whilst accessible buses operate most routes and times, we ask that you ring the day before to ensure availability on a specific service.
Whilst every effort is made to run services on time, occasionally due to circumstances beyond our control, our buses may run behind schedule. You can rest assured that in these instances, every effort will be made to regain timetabled running as soon as possible.
Conditions of Travel
- Shoal Bus accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to any persons, luggage, personal and valuable items.
- Smoking, the consumption of alcohol, and the consumption of food on buses is strictly prohibited on all services.
- Bicycles can only be transported by prior arrangement.
- Shoal Bus reserves the right to refuse entry to an intoxicated person, or remove an intoxicated person from any service, and will not be responsible for delays incurred due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Toxic, inflammable, and/or hazardous materials are not permitted on buses or coaches.
Connecting Train Times
The connecting train times shown in our timetables are current as of the 2008 CityRail South Coast Line timetable. Please check CityRail timetables before travelling to ensure there have not been any changes to train times.